To send an automatic e-mail when someone submits a form, you need to set up the notifications for the form.
What are notifications?
Notifications are flexible automated e-mails that always send when a form is submitted. A notification can be sent to:
- The user who submitted the form, for example to send a confirmation or a copy of the submitted information.
- An administrator, for example to process the form data.
- Any valid e-mail address.
How do I set them up?
First, you need to open your notification settings for the form. Find the form in the forms list, and select Notifications from the Settings menu that appears when you hover over the form title in the list.
Clicking “Add New” on the Notifications page will bring up a form where you can add your information.
- Give your notification a name that you can recognise it by. It will only be shown in the admin panel.
- Set where you want to send the notification to. Either by setting an e-mail address, or by choosing a field in the form to use. The latter is useful when sending a confirmation to the person who submitted the form entry. Optionally, you may also configure advanced routing based on the submitted data.
- Set the From Name that you want shown as the e-mail sender. By clicking on the icon to the right of the field, you may choose to dynamically insert form data.
- We recommend that you always set a from e-mail that exists on your domain to prevent you from ending up in a spam folder.
- Setting a reply-yo address is especially useful when sending admin notifications. Set this to the submitters’ e-mail and you can just reply to the notification.
- Optionally set a blind carbon copy.
- Create the subject of the e-mail. Using the icon on the right you can insert dynamic form data.
- Finally craft the body of the notification that is being sent. Using the icon on the right you can insert dynamic form data.
You may, if necessary, add attachments to the notification. We also recommend that you leave auto-formatting on.
Disabling a notification
By default each form gets an admin notification that sends to the website’s admin e-mail address. You may edit this as you need.
If you don’t want it, you have two options:
- Delete it completely.
- Deactivating it so that you can reactivate later.
To delete, click the “Delete” link when hovering over the notification name in the list.
To deactivate it temporarily, click on the green toggle icon next to the name. It’ll switch to a gray icon, indicating that it is disabled.
To turn it back on again, just click the now gray toggle icon which will turn green and reactivate the notification.